A live editor for Supply Chains
Feb 10, 2022
What is this?
I recently decided I wanted JSON Schemas for all of Cartographer’s CRDs. That way I’d be less likely to make mistakes
and need to wait until I had done a
kubectl apply and waited for a workload failure to discover that I had
forgotten something important.
I wrote a little bit of code to generate JSON Schemas from Cartographer CRD manifests. I plan on releasing it as a formal utility that folks can use to create JSON Schemas for any OpenAPIV3 CRD Schemas, but I realised schema validation is not enough.
So I’ve created the Live Editor.
Today the editor:
- Only supports SupplyChains.
- Visualises the supply chain.
- AutoSuggests based on schema.
- Validates based on schema.
- AutoSuggests inputs from existing resources.
- Let’s you copy the URL to share your yaml with others.
In the future I’d like to add:
- Support for all the CRDs
- Syntax checking for invalid references (coming soon!)
optionsselected by a workload (part of a new set of RFCs to support multiple paths in a supply chain)
- Instances of the editor inline in the docs
- Links in example CRs to editable/visualized versions of the same CR
- Read/Write GitHub Gists to support loading and editing templates + blueprints + owners
- Much more!
I want to know what you think! Please let us know if this is something that’s valuable to you.
Please provide feedback by commenting or upvoting in this issue!